Tuesday, June 17, 2014

There's always situations that you never want to be in.
You can't always choose what situation you are in, but you can most definitely choose how you want to react to the situation. Some people forget that they are in complete control of how they view their life. They might see things that happen as "Just the way it is" but in reality, that's not how it is at all. It's all in the way you look at it, the way you choose to see it, that affects your life.
If you want to be happy,
you can be.
If you want to make new friends,
you can do that too.
If you have a dream,
YOU CAN MAKE IT A REALITY.
I used to think that good things just came to lucky people. I used to sit around and wonder why I couldn't have a good life, why I couldn't be happy. I thought that happiness was just something that happened to some people, that it wasn't in reality, just a choice.
I even got to the point where I accepted the fact that I didn't have a good life. I came to believe that that is how I would always be and there was no reason to feel otherwise.
I would love to be able to tell you when it all came to me, the moment when it just "clicked"... The moment I woke up from that sad nightmare I called living, but I cant. I just know that somewhere along the way, perhaps not all at once but in small doses,
I learned the truth. And the truth is that good things happen to everyone, and you can have a good life if you want to. It's really as simple as that. And no matter in what situation, or what state of mind, you and only you control your emotions and your thoughts. Only you... We are all human and we all know how easy it is to let other people, other things, affect the way we feel. But it's a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment